Mini Biltong & Cheese Quiche
- 2 rolls ready- made shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 30ml butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 100g thinly shaved or finely chopped biltong
- 250ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 375ml Milk or cream or a mixture
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
Roll the pastry out lightly and use a cookie cutter or something similar to cut circles out of the pastry to fit mini quiche or muffin tins. Line the tins with the pastry. Bake blind for 10 minutes.
Heat the butter and sauté the onion until soft. Spoon a little into each pastry case. Top with biltong and cheese.
Mix the eggs and milk together in a jug. Pour into the pastry cases until they are almost full. Bake in a preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until set.